Are you a member yet?
I am thrilled to invite you to be a part of the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (SC/NSPRA) this year. The SC/NSPRA board met this summer to plan some great programs and networking opportunities---we are excited about the year ahead!
As a leader in your district, you understand the daily challenges and opportunities of our students and schools. We hope you will find that SC/NSPRA brings you practical and effective tools to help you succeed in your role as a communicator.
Your membership in SC/NSPRA allows you to continue to strengthen your professional efforts by providing timely assistance and valuable resources:
- conferences and professional development opportunities throughout the year;
- access to SC/NSPRA’s member Google group for question and information sharing;
- financial assistance for members seeking professional accreditation (APR);
- access to online school PR resources through the Chapter’s website, www.scnspra.org;
- and SC/NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program recognizing outstanding communications and public relations efforts by schools, school districts, and educational agencies and associations.
For 2019-2020, SC/NSPRA has a variety of programmatic offerings on tap for its members:
- SC Department of Education and SC/NSPRA Back to School Public Information Officer (PIO) Informational Meeting on September 27 at SCASA Office in Columbia
- SC/NSPRA and NCSPRA Joint Fall Conference on November 6–8 in Wilmington, NC (Click here for registration information!)
- Winter Chapter Workshop, Upstate, Location TBD
- SC/NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program, in April in Columbia
- School Communications Topics "Hot Topics" Webinars throughout the year
- SC/NSPRA Communicator of the Year & Superintendent Leadership in School Communications Awards
We're excited for you to join SC/NSPRA today and be a part of the best school public relations and communications group in the state. Please remember to submit your application form and a check made payable to SC/NSPRA ($30.00 for an individual membership; $110.00 for an institutional membership) by October 2, 2019 to:
Judy LeGrand, SC/NSPRA Treasurer
c/o SC School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
Or pay online at https://squareup.com/store/sc-nspra. If you pay online, please email your membership forms to firstname.lastname@example.org so we will have all of your contact information.
The SC/NSPRA board looks forward to working with and serving you this school year!
Director of Public Relations
District Five Schools of Spartanburg County