Are you a member yet?
I am thrilled to invite you to be a part of the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (SC NSPRA) this year. The SC NSPRA board met this summer to plan some great programs and networking opportunities---we are excited about the year ahead!
As a leader in your district, you understand the daily challenges and opportunities of our students and schools. We hope you will find that SC NSPRA brings you practical and effective tools to help you succeed in your role as a communicator.
Your membership in SC NSPRA allows you to continue to strengthen your professional efforts by providing timely assistance and valuable resources:
- conferences and professional development opportunities throughout the year;
- access to SC NSPRA’s member Google group for question and information sharing;
- financial assistance for members seeking professional accreditation (APR);
- access to online school PR resources through the Chapter’s website, www.scnspra.org;
- and SC NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program recognizing outstanding communications and public relations efforts by schools, school districts, and educational agencies and associations.
For 2021-2022, SC NSPRA has a variety of programmatic offerings on tap for its members:
- SC Department of Education and SC NSPRA Back to School Public Information Officer (PIO) Informational Meeting on September 15 at SCASA Office in Columbia
- SC NSPRA and NCSPRA Joint Fall Conference on Oct. 19-21 in Charleston, S.C.
- Winter Chapter Workshop
- SC NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program, in May in Columbia
- School Communications Topics "Hot Topics" Webinars throughout the year
- SC NSPRA Communicator of the Year & Superintendent Leadership in School Communications Awards
We're excited for you to join SC NSPRA today and be a part of the best school public relations and communications group in the state. Please remember to submit your application form and a check made payable to SC NSPRA ($30.00 for an individual membership; $110.00 for an institutional membership) to:
Judy LeGrand, SC NSPRA Treasurer
c/o SC School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
Or pay online at https://squareup.com/store/sc-nspra. If you pay online, please email your membership forms to firstname.lastname@example.org so we will have all of your contact information.
The SC NSPRA board looks forward to working with and serving you this school year!
SC NSPRA President