Join SC/NSPRA today!
We are beyond excited to invite you to join the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (SC NSPRA) for 2022-23!
Since 1975 and especially during the past couple of years, SC NSPRA provides invaluable insight, experience and assistance. Members know they can always reach out to their SC NSPRA colleagues for help, and I am honored to serve as the chapter's president this year. We will continue to support each other through our common professional experiences and this ongoing pandemic.
The SC NSPRA Executive Board diligently began work this summer to plan meetings, conferences and other offerings for the membership this year. We plan to meet as much as we can, however we can, to provide you with assistance and resources to grow as a communications professional.
Your membership in SC NSPRA provides:
- Conferences and professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Access to SC NSPRA's member Google group for emergency help, networking, questions and information sharing.
- Financial assistance for members seeking professional accreditation (APR).
- Access to online school PR resources through the Chapter's website, www.scnspra.org.
- SC NSPRA's Rewards for Excellence Program recognizes outstanding communications and public relations efforts by schools, districts and educational agencies and associations.
For 2022-23, SC NSPRA already has a variety of offerings planned for its members:
- SC Department of Education and SC NSPRA Back-to-School Public Information Officer Meeting on September 29 in Columbia.
- SC NSPRA and NCSPRA Joint Fall Conference November 2-4 in Charlotte, NC.
- Winter Chapter Workshop, tentatively scheduled for January 27, 2023.
- SC NSPRA's Rewards for Excellence Program Awards Luncheon in Spring 2023 in Columbia.
- SC NSPRA Communicator of the Year and Superintendent Leadership in School Communications Awards.
We're excited for you to join SC NSPRA today and be a part of the best school public relations and communications group in South Carolina. Enclosed is a membership application form that may be duplicated as needed and returned with a check payable to SC NSPRA ($30.00 for an individual membership; $110.00 for an institutional membership; $15 for an affiliate membership) by October 1, 2022 to:
Judy LeGrand, SC NSPRA Treasurer
c/o S.C. School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
You can also pay online at https://squareup.com/store/sc-nspra. If you choose to pay online, please email your membership forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we will have all of your contact information. Please be sure to include your birthday (month and day only) on your membership form so we can celebrate you!
We look forward to working with and serving you this school year!
SC NSPRA President
Chief Communications Officer
Fort Mill School District