Join SC/NSPRA today!
We are beyond excited to invite you to join the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (SC NSPRA) for 2021-22!
Since 1975 and especially during the past couple of years, SC NSPRA provides invaluable insight, experience and assistance. Members know they can always reach out to their SC NSPRA colleagues for help, and I am honored to serve as the chapter's president this year. We will continue to support each other through our common professional experiences and this ongoing pandemic.
The SC NSPRA Executive Board diligently began work this summer to plan meetings, conferences and other offerings for the membership this year. We plan to meet as much as we can, however we can, to provide you with assistance and resources to grow as a communications professional.
Your membership in SC NSPRA provides:
- conferences and professional development opportunities throughout the
- access to SC NSPRA's member Google group for emergency help, networking, questions and information
- financial assistance for members seeking professional accreditation (APR).
- access to online school PR resources through the Chapter's website, www.scnspra.org.
- SC NSPRA's Rewards for Excellence Program that recognizes outstanding communications and public relations efforts by schools, districts and educational agencies and associations
For 2021-22, SC NSPRA already has a variety of offerings planned for its members:
- SC Department of Education and SC NSPRA Back-to-School Public Information Officer Meeting on September 15 in
- SC NSPRA and NCSPRA Joint Fall Conference on October 19-21 in Charleston.
- Winter Chapter Workshop, January 21 or 28 near Rock
- SC NSPRA's Rewards for Excellence Program Awards Luncheon on May 13 in Columbia.
- SC NSPRA Communicator of the Year and Superintendent Leadership in School Communications
- Professional Development Webinars provided in conjunction with our professional school communication
We're excited for you to join SC NSPRA today and be a part of the best school public relations and communications group in South Carolina. Enclosed is a membership application form that may be duplicated as needed and returned with a check payable to SC NSPRA ($30.00 for an individual membership; $110.00 for an institutional membership; $15 for an affiliate membership) by October 1, 2021 to:
Judy LeGrand, SC NSPRA Treasurer
c/o S.C. School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
You can also pay online at https://squareup.com/store/sc-nspra. If you choose to pay online, please email your membership forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we will have all of your contact information. Please be sure to include your birthday (month and day only) on your membership form so we can celebrate you!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me, your regional representative or anyone on the Executive Board if you have a question.
We look forward to working with and serving you this school year!
SC NSPRA President
Darlington County School District