Join SC/NSPRA today!
Dear Fellow SC/NSPRA Member:
Seven years ago, I became the Community Services Facilitator for Greenwood School District 50. This was not only my first school communications job, but also my first opportunity to work in the professional world. The challenges of working in a one person school communications office are countless, and one of my initial tasks was to find a professional organization that could assist me with positive growth in my new position. Little did I know that this organization would be SC/NSPRA.
Ideas, insight, networking, and assistance are just some of the key staples of our wonderful organization. We are pleased that you have had the opportunity to access these as a member of the South Carolina Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (SC/NSPRA), and we truly value the experience and talents that members, like you, bring to our organization.
You understand the daily challenges and opportunities of our schools and districts, and SC/NSPRA strives to bring you practical and effective tools to help you succeed.
Renewing your membership in SC/NSPRA allows you to continue to strengthen your professional efforts by providing timely assistance and valuable resources:
- conferences and professional development opportunities throughout the year;
- access to SC/NSPRA’s member Google group for question and information sharing;
- financial assistance for members seeking professional accreditation (APR);
- access to online school PR resources through the Chapter’s website, www.scnspra.org;
- and SC/NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program recognizing outstanding communications and public relations efforts by schools, school districts, and educational agencies and associations.
For 2017-2018, SC/NSPRA has a variety of programmatic offerings on tap for its members:
- Winter Chapter Workshop February 23, 2018
- SC/NSPRA’s Rewards for Excellence Program, April 27, 2018, in Columbia
- School Communications Topics "Hot Topics" Webinars
- SC/NSPRA Communicator of the Year & Superintendent Leadership in School Communications Awards
I encourage you to renew your membership in SC/NSPRA today and continue to receive the very best resources in school communications. Enclosed is a membership application form that may be duplicated as needed and returned with a check payable to SC/NSPRA ($30.00 for an individual membership; $110.00 for an institutional membership) by October 2, 2017 to:
Judy LeGrand, SC/NSPRA Treasurer
c/o SC School Boards Association
111 Research Drive
Columbia, SC 29203
Or pay online at https://squareup.com/store/sc-nspra. If you pay online, please email your membership forms to email@example.com so we will have all of your contact information.
Now is the time to renew your SC/NSPRA membership today. We look forward to working with and serving you this school year!
Johnathan L. Graves
Community Services Facilitator
Greenwood School District 50